The calendar of presbytery events is at the foot of the page

Contact stated clerk Pete Wells to add events to the calendar

Friday, June 1, 2012

General Assembly Leadership Training

I leave on Sunday evening, June 3, for three whirlwind days in Louisville.  After an overnight set of flights from Pasco, trough San Francisco and Washington, DC, I'll get to Louisville at 10:00 in time for training session that start at 1:30 PM.   On Wednesday I'll return, arriving at Pasco at midnight.

The training is for committee leadership and staff for General Assembly that begins June 30.  I will be parliamentarian to committee 20 - Pensions, Foundation, and Presbyterian Publishing.   There had been one controversial matter on the agenda, having to do with medical benefits of Pension Board for same-sex partners.   That item has been withdrawn.   As this is the first time I've had a helping role in committee, I look forward to little to tax my skills.

At the training I will get to meet the committee moderator, vice moderator, and the other support folks.  I We will also have training not only in our own roles, but in what each other team member does. 

As a presbytery clerk, I've been an observer to the action of three past General Assemblies.  I'm looking forward be being able to help in some small way.

I hope to have additional postings during or after the training and during General Assembly.

The next two General Assemblies are in Detroit, MI, in 2014 and Portland, OR, in 2016.  I hope I can attend one or both.

Please pray for the commissioners, delegates, and staff of the General Assembly as they prepare for and attend this bi-annual assembly. 

1 comment:

  1. Also follow my activities at General Assembly on Facebook, www.fb.com/EasternOregonPresbytery

    ReplyDelete

Comment: